Jenna Thirtle, graduated from Wollongong University with a Bachelor of Law and a Bachelor of International Studies with Distinction in December 2012. She completed her Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice in early 2013 and by July 2013 Jenna was admitted as a Solicitor obtaining her Practicing Certificate with the Law Society of NSW.
Jenna joined Family Law Matters in February 2013, which included undertaking her Practical Legal Training under the mentorship of Antonella Sanderson.
As a Family Law Solicitor, she has a particular interest in parenting cases, specifically dealing with relocation and international travel issues. She also enjoys property matters, particularly those requiring the unravelling of business structures and financial complexities for both married and defacto relationship breakdowns.
Jenna has experience with advocacy in the Federal Circuit Court of Australia and the Family Court of Australia, as well as resolving matters by mediation and negotiation. She develops a good relationship with her clients and determines their desired outcomes from the outset to achieve fair and timely resolutions in all matters. Jenna adopts a practical and cost effective approach when advising clients to progress their matter.
Jenna is currently undertaking her Masters with a major in Family Law to increase her scope of qualifications to include the Specialist Accreditation in Family Law.
As the Secretary of the Committee for Young Lawyers Family Law from February 2014 to May 2015 Jenna was promoted to Vice Chair of the Committee for Young Lawyers Family Law in May 2015, and presently undertakes that role to develop and assist in the practice of Family Law for Young Lawyers.
- Master of Laws; Family Law Major (currently studying)
- Bachelor of Law
- Bachelor of International Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- Admitted to practise in the High Court of Australia
- Admitted to practise in the Supreme Court of NSW
- Vice Chair, Committee for Young Lawyers Family Law Society
- Member, Law Society of New South Wales
- Member, Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia
- Member, Family Law Committee of the Sutherland Shire Regional Law Society