Veronica Phillips graduated from Wollongong University with a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Science majoring in Psychology in 2014. She completed her Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice in 2015 through the Australia National University and was admitted as a Solicitor in 2016.
Veronica has worked in the law since 2014 and has a background in Commercial Law and Civil Litigation dealing specifically with contractual claims, strata law, banking and finance, and debt recovery. Veronica also has some experience in insolvency and bankruptcy.
Veronica has a passion for child welfare and children’s issues generally, which was developed during her undergraduate psychology degree. Further strengthening her interest in this area, Veronica undertook a week internship with the Shop Front Legal Centre in 2013. Working with passionate solicitors whose sole goal is to help some of the most vulnerable in our society was an amazing eye opening experience and has stuck with Veronica since.
In 2018 Veronica decided to pursue a career in Family Law with the hope that she can help guild her clients through a very stressful and difficult time in their lives. Since starting with Family Law Matters Veronica has worked on both parenting and property matters and finds interest in both areas. Veronica continues to be passionate about children’s issues and her goal is to help her clients find a final resolution with the interest of the children at its heart.
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Science majoring in Psychology
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- Admitted to practice in the High Court of Australia
- Admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of NSW
- Member, NSW Law Society Young Lawyers Family Law Committee
- Member, Law Society of New South Wales
- Member, Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia
- Member, Family Law Committee of the Sutherland Shire Regional Law Society