FAMILY LAW MATTERS
What To Expect
Coming to meet with a lawyer can be daunting – for many people, they have never had contact with the legal system other than to buy a property, or maybe a traffic fine.
Rest assured, we understand how daunting this experience might be for you. We understand you have lots of questions circling around in your head, such as:
- How can I preserve a good co-parenting relationship?
- Where will the children live?
- Who will keep the home, and how will the mortgage and bills be paid in the meantime?
- How does child support work?
- How much will all of this cost?
Our first meeting with you is designed to give you some reassurance that you aren’t alone – we are here to guide and support you. When you book a first meeting with us, you will receive:
a confirmation email;
a link to our secure online portal to complete some background details before our meeting; and
a link to your solicitor’s Profile.
In our first meeting together, you will:
- share the details about the situation you are in at the moment;
- talk to us about your needs, interest and concerns for the future;
- hear advice about your legal rights and responsibilities; and
- consider various options and strategies for a “good” divorce.
We help ease the pain of separation
The advice you receive from our dedicated Family Law team is strategic, personalised and valuable. In some cases, the first meeting will give you enough information to go ahead and negotiate your own agreement – and we can help guide you in the background.
At the end of our meeting you will receive an Information Pack which includes:
- information about costs once you know your way forward;
- Family Law Matters pen and note pad to help you record important events and notes during your journey; and
- a summary email confirming your Settlement Strategy.
We invite you to use our no-obligation online tools to find out where you stand, or call (02) 9523 3007 to arrange to meet with us.